The triad of sincere hospitality, high-quality ambience and unique and preferred location is what makes the special atmosphere of our house. The best conditions for a perfect vacation.
OUT OF PASSION
We are your hosts with joy and passion. We - the families Moninger and Trescher with all employees - are pleased to spoil you as guests of our traditional house.
Already in the 4th generation our family leads the Schwarzwaldhotel. Each generation added something new in the past and realized new ideas - always with the desire to make the Treschers even more beautiful and comfortable and to create a place where our guests feel comfortable.
Location and Arrival
WHERE WE ARE
The town of Titisee-Neustadt is located in the midst of the breathtaking landscape of the Upper Black Forest, in southwestern Baden-Württemberg. The forest town, as the Black Forest people call it, is not only a Kneipp spa and a climatic health resort but also a popular winter sports center. In the district of Titisee is the eponymous and world-famous Titisee. This beautiful Black Forest lake and its lively lake road are among the most famous excursion destinations in Germany. At an altitude of about 850 m and with a size of about 130 hectares, Lake Titisee is not only one of the largest natural low mountain range lakes in Germany, but it is also one of the cleanest swimming lakes in the region. Motorboats are not allowed on the drinking water lake. The minimal shoreline development and the incomparable surroundings of the Feldberg massif certainly make it one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
In a prominent location, directly on the shore of the lake is the romantic Schwarzwaldhotel Treschers. Enjoy the exclusive view over the magnificent lake, the forests and the mountains and let yourself be enchanted by the picture book landscape of the Upper Black Forest.
We recommend to arrive by car. Please enter Strandbadstraße into your navigation system as your destination road, not Seestraße. Please do not take the exit "Neustadt" but the exit "Titisee". The Strandbadstraße makes a bend to the right in the center of the village, follow this bend. After about 30 meters turn left into our parking lot.
Bus stop: 150 m
Train station Titisee: 450 m
Neustadt train station: 7 km
Old town Freiburg: 30 km
Airport Basel: 79 km
Zurich airport: 82 km
WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR
In 1887 the house was founded by Friedrich Jäger at the same time as the opening of the Höllentalbahn. Years followed in which Titisee enjoyed increasing popularity as an excursion destination. The number of visitors increased rapidly and in 1911 the new partner Eberhard Trescher came with fresh entrepreneurial courage at the right time. Influenced by his years of travel in the USA, he thought in American dimensions and so in the years 1912-1914 a stylish masterpiece was created: the "South Wing", which is still called today, in which every room had a bathroom! In the course of the following years, the Jäger family left the management of the hotel and the Trescher family ran the hotel on their own from then on. The Schwarzwaldhotel became Treschers Schwarzwaldhotel am See.
In 1927, Trescher Senior became ill and his son E. Joe Trescher took over the management after successful years of travel through France, England and the USA. In 1935 he brought his future wife from the Rhine: Edda, who kept the large hotel family together with a lot of "Rhenish" humor and heart until her death in 2010. The construction of two tennis courts was followed by the building of a new dining room and then the construction of a bar! In 1938, this was the beginning of a still very subdued nightlife with stand-up violinist, pianist and bartender. Family and business flourished until Hitler's megalomania put an end to everything and the hotel was declared a military hospital for the people and the fatherland.
In 1945, after the end of the war, the hotel became the headquarters of a French general and his entourage and was not allowed to reopen until 1948 as a so-called Bierstube. The sleeves were rolled up and a very modest start was made on refurnishing. A new terrace was built and as early as 1949, the first external improvements were made with the extension of the offices and the hall.
In 1961/62 the sensation of the Black Forest started: the first hotel-owned indoor swimming pool of the region was built. What was particularly appealing: in cosy warmth, one could watch the frozen lake through the large panorama windows.
In 1962, the junior became the senior, because he took his son Hansjörg "Jocki" on board. Jocki, in turn, strengthened the team just one year later by marrying Ulrike Trescher, born Moninger, from Karlsruhe, whose unmistakable handwriting still characterizes the ambience of the house today. In the following years, the company continued to expand and rebuild.
In 1968, after careful consideration, the large conference hall was built - the ideal setting for large celebrations and conferences.
In 1970, the hotel's own nightclub was built in the cellar vaults under the garden terrace - absolutely soundproof -: the "Tic-Tac-Bar", which quickly became an insider tip beyond Titisee's borders.
In 1974, despite the most adverse weather conditions, the lake wing was built in a lightning action - it was ready for occupancy in only 7 months!
In 1979, the family council decided to expand and reconstruct the entire parterre. A cozy fireplace bar was created - the popular "Fläschlehimmel".
In 1985, the almost century-old main house underwent a complete rejuvenation and for now the "hardware" was in place. Regular building measures followed in order to enlarge, modernize and furnish the number of rooms, which had grown to 80, under the stylish direction of Ulli Trescher. Over the years, the indoor pool became the wellness world "Titinova" with whirlpool, various saunas, relaxation zone, fitness room, vital snack and juice bar, own lake access and sunbathing lawn.
In 2002, the tireless investments were rewarded: the Schwarzwaldhotel became a member of the renowned Romantik Hotel Group and shortly thereafter received an S for Superior in addition to its four stars!
In 2003, the beauty farm "La Bellezza" with nine cabins for massages, baths and therapies was added. An oasis of well-being for all the senses was created on almost 1000 square meters.
In 2004, the hotel underwent another "facelift" and was given a new entrance with a glass dome. The fireplace bar was completely rebuilt and extended by a piano lounge with approx. 70 seats. The roof got - also in the Black Forest one goes with the time - solar cells. Since 2005, foster son Michael Moninger has been managing the Black Forest Hotel as director and limited partner. The nephew of Ulrike Trescher first completed his apprenticeship as a chef at the Schwarzwaldhotel from 1980-1983, and then went on to experience the wind blowing in his face at home and abroad. After successful further training in first-class hotels (among others Savoy, London / Arlberg Hospiz Hotel St. Christoph, Arlberg / Le Méridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo / Hilton Park Hotel, Munich / Colombi Hotel, Freiburg) he finally returned to the bosom of the family in 1992. With him, the question of succession in the Trescher house has been solved to everyone's satisfaction. In the meantime, wife Marion has also come on board in the best family tradition and has been responsible for marketing and PR since 2004.
In 2006, the large lake terrace was completely redesigned so that many generations to come will be able to enjoy the sensational view of Lake Titisee from here.
2007 in November and December the lake wing was renovated in classic elegant style. A total of 29 rooms and 1 apartment - all with lake view, all with W-LAN.
2009 saw the complete redesign of the outdoor pool area. The 2000m² facility now offers a year-round heated outdoor pool, a spacious wooden deck with exclusive seating areas, beach loungers and umbrellas, as well as a private swimming beach with sunbathing lawn and floating dock.
In 2010, the indoor pool was expanded and completely remodeled. The new bathing paradise on two levels with a breathtaking panoramic view of Lake Titisee offers a heated swimming pool (17 x 6m) as well as a wellness grotto with numerous attractions such as a waterfall, whirlpool niche, massage jets and floor bubbler. A maximum of individuality and comfort is offered by the newly created reclining gallery.
2012: Extension and reconstruction of the sauna area.
2013: New construction of Hirschstube with 50 additional restaurant seats.
2015: Equipping of 10 rooms on the 2nd floor in the lake wing with balconies and high-quality real wood floors.
2017: Redesign of the hotel lobby with front and back office, as well as installation of a new kitchen
2018: Renovation and refurbishment of 24 rooms in the main building
2019: Redesign of the bar
2020: Core renovation and refitting of ten rooms and four bathrooms in the south wing and renovation and refitting of Bellevue Restaurant
2022: Core renovation of all bathrooms in the lake wing ( 30 rooms)
WORKING AT THE LAKE
We appreciate the harmonious and familiar atmosphere that prevails in our team. In addition to the friendly cooperation of hosts, staff and guests and the consideration of the personal needs of each individual, it is also important to us to be open to new and creative ideas. At the same time, we attach great importance to high quality in all areas of our house, in the kitchen as well as in the service, at the reception and in the rooms.
If you are interested in training or employment with us, you can access our career portal here.